Have you been bitten by the business bug? It’s all very exciting, but check this list first to be sure you’re truly ready to become an entrepreneur.
- You feel a burning passion for the product or service you want to market, and you’re not just looking to open a business because you hate your current job.
- You’re certain there is a true demand for your product. Research it carefully, survey your family and friends, and get a good feel for the market before you plunge into it.
- Your personal finances are in a good place and can handle the risk. Speak with a Wasatch Peaks Credit Union representative to help crunch the numbers and be sure you can swing it financially.
- You have the physical strength and the headspace to give your new business your all.
- You have a sound financial plan for your business. If you need to take out a loan for your new business, check out our great rates.
- You have the full support of your spouse and family.
Are you a small-business owner? What advice do you have for those who are just starting out? Share your wisdom in the comments!