When colder temperatures start to sink in, what could be better than taking a trip to somewhere warm and sunny? Take the family on a winter vacation or make the experience part of your Holiday celebrations. Universal Orlando Resortoffers blockbuster adventures, themed water park fun and, of course, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Best of all, when you book by December 2, 2019 with Get Away Today, you can visit all three theme parks for the price of two.
That’s right! Get more bang for your buck and book 3rd Park FREE specials with our travel partner Get Away Today. For travel now until May 22, 2020 you’ll save big on a Universal Orlando Resort vacation.
Universal’s Volcano Bay
Get out of the snow and into the surf at Universal’s Volcano Bay! The water park is based on the fictional Waturi people, and it offers opportunities to race on waterslides, float a lazy river, lounge poolside and even let the littlest swimmers splash in designated reefs just for them. Take a look at some of the water play you can find at Volcano Bay.
- Waturi Beach: This beach offers a tropical leisure spot near the entrance to the park. Grab a lounge chair, lay out a towel and dip your toes in the gentle waves.
- Tot Tiki Reef: For babies and toddlers, this reef features a miniature volcano, shallow water and lots of opportunities to splash!
- Krakatau Aqua Coaster: The headliner at Volcano Bay, this Aqua Coaster starts at the top of the Krakatau volcano. You’ll wind your way around and through the volcano on a 4-person canoe.
- Punga Racers: Engage in some friendly competition by racing down side-by-side water slides on “manta ray” mats.
- Kopiko Wai Winding River: For a relaxing water experience, enjoy a gentle float along this lazy river in Volcano Bay.
Perhaps best of all is the virtual line-queueing system at Universal’s Volcano Bay. When you enter this water theme park, you’re given a TapuTapu wristband. Just tap the TapuTapu at the ride you’d like to wait for, and you can then walk away and enjoy other attractions while you wait. Instead of standing in line, you can take a dip in a pool, grab a bite to eat or even lounge in the shade. When it’s time for you to ride, your TapuTapu band alerts you so you can head to the attraction. TapuTapu bands can also allow for electronic purchases and can help you interact with water features throughout the Bay. TapuTapu bands open up complimentary lockers in Volcano Bay and can also be used to take photos at designated photo spots in the park.
Universal’s Islands of Adventure
For superhero fans, Universal’s Islands of Adventure is the place to be. At this collection of seven “islands,” you’ll also find a whole land inspired by Dr. Seuss, as well as rides and attractions from other fictional legends. Islands of Adventure boasts experiences for all ages. Be sure to check out the following and more:
- Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure: This all-new roller coaster takes you on a journey through the Forbidden Forest. Hop aboard the motorbike as the driver or side-car rider and race along a mile of track that features twists and drops.
- The Hogwarts Express: Departing from Hogsmeade Station, the train takes riders with Park-to-Park tickets to neighboring Universal Studios Florida. But you’ll feel like you’re in the English countryside!
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey: On this virtual journey through Hogwarts you’ll get a peek into Dumbledore’s office, the Gryffindor Common Room and the castle grounds.
- Flight of the Hippogriff: This family-friendly roller coaster allows you to learn about the proper care of Hippogriffs. Heed Hagrid’s advice and enjoy a ride around his hut and pumpkin patch.
- The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man: Web slingers will love this 3D adventure through the city. Help superheroes in battle and retrieve the stolen Statue of Liberty.
- The Incredible Hulk Coaster: Ready to launch? This thrilling coaster sends you flying and features rolls, twists and sends you upside down.
- One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish: These flying fish are at your command and you can gently lift and lower your carriage. Watch out for the fountains!
- Caro-Seuss-el: Take a spin on a Dr. Seuss themed carousel. Can you pick your favorite character?
- Jurassic Park River Adventure: This boat rides starts out serene, but quickly takes a turn. Lookout for dinos on the loose in this family-friendly but thrilling experience.
In addition to rides in Islands of Adventures you can also enjoy themed dining and shopping. Whether you want to grab a bite inspired by Harry Potter, Dr. Suess or your favorite Marvel character, you’ll find it here.
Universal Studios Florida
If you love movies, you’ll love Universal Studios Florida. The first of the three theme parks built at Universal Orlando Resort, it focuses on many of your favorite films and TV shows. From Fast and the Furious to Harry Potter, there’s something for everyone.
- Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts: Do you have what it takes to escape from the depths of Gringotts Bank? With the help of Harry and friends you’ll evade Voldermort and make it back to the surface.
- The Hogwarts Express: With a Park-to-Park ticket, you can ride the Hogwarts Express from Kings Cross Station to Hogsmeade Station in Islands of Adventure.
- Despicable Me Minion Mayhem: Join the Minions on a mission! Recruited in Gru’s laboratory, you’ll experience quite the adventure that culminates in an epic dance party.
- E.T. Adventure: E.T. just wants to get home, and you’re going to help him! Take a virtual ride on a bike into the stars.
- Fast & Furious - Supercharged: This family-friendly ride offers thrills that make you feel like you’re in the movie! Hold on tight for this street race.
- Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon: Experience hilarity and iconic “The Tonight Show” memorabilia on this ride. The attraction features a flying theater that takes a virtual trip through the city of Manhattan.
- Woody Woodpecker’s Nuthouse Coaster: Woody leads the way on this kid-friendly coaster ride. Enjoy gentle twists and turns through the nut factory, accompanied by lots of classic Woody jokes.
Universal Orlando Resort Tickets
Now that you know what there is to experience at Universal Orlando Resort, it’s time to let you know about the discount tickets offered by Get Away Today. You’ll always save compared to gate prices, but if you book by December 2, 2019 you can take advantage of 3rd Park FREE savings for travel now until May 22, 2020.
Base Tickets: Base Tickets come in different length-of-stay options. Remember that you will need at least three (3) days to visit all three theme parks at Universal Orlando Resort, and you will also need to purchase 3 Park Base Tickets to do so. With a minimum of three days, you can use your 3 Park Base Ticket to access one park per day. Purchasing a 3 Park Base Ticket is the only way to include Volcano Bay and the 3rd Park FREE special offered by Get Away Today.
Park-to-Park Tickets: Park-to-Park Tickets come in different length-of-stay options as well. These tickets allow admission to more than one park per day, so you can choose the number of days that works for your vacation. For free admission to Volcano Bay, be sure to choose 3 Park Park-to-Park Tickets when you book withGet Away Today. Additionally, Park-to-Park tickets are required if you plan to ride Hogwarts Express between Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure since you will be going between two different parks in one day.
There’s still time to book this deal with Get Away Today, and you can find vacation packages at www.getawaytoday.com or speak to a travel specialist at 855-GET-AWAY. Be sure to mention Wasatch Peaks when you book.